Sitting next to the Courthouse, these two buildings are the oldest in the peninsula. The lockup was constructed of the typical masonry and stone and built in 1860 along with the courthouse at a cost of 892 pounds.. In 1862, it was officially declared as a gaol, however 20 years later it was mainly used as a overnight lockup to hold the accused or as a holding area for an upcoming court case. The courthouse next to the lockup was closed in 1988. While the courthouse was restored and is now used as an information centre, the lockup was restored by the Victorian Police in the 1980's when a new police station was built next door. and is heritage listed by the National Trust of Victoria.