Coal Creek is a small recreated town in Korumburra South Gippsland Victoria. Black coal was found in the area in 1872 and the area became and important part of the coal mining industry. The mine at coal creek operated from the 1880's to 1958. In 1974, an open area historical village museum was established to give a glimpse of what life was like between the late 1800's to the early 1920's. The buildings have all been rescued and relocated, each with their own sense of history. Items within have been donated or loaned from local residents. There are even some ghostly stories attached to the buildings with the chapel being one of the most sort after for paranormal investigators.